There are 3 ways for AYCO members to be involved with our social circus programming. They are:
1.Apply to become a recognized Social Circus Program
2. Apply to become a recognized social circus trainer/consultant
3. Add your name to our list of affiliated individuals who have an interest in social circus
AYCO recognizes and values the work of many social circus organizations and practitioners across the country and around the world. The specific criteria we have used to determine which organizations are recognized as Social Circus Network Members are programs that provide social circus programming that is:
(a) focused on a clearly specified at-risk populations, (b) directed towards achieving a particular social change and specific outcomes related to that change, and (c) committed to evaluating effectiveness in achieving desired outcomes.
This is no way mitigates the valuable contributions of our colleagues who may not fit our criteria but still do wonderful work bringing circus arts to underserved populations.
Who May Seek Recognition to the Social Circus Network?
Social circus programs operated by AYCO Organizational Members based in the United States may seek recognition.
What are the Criteria for Recognition?
Recognition will be given to programs that provide social circus programming that is:
(a) focused on a clearly specified at-risk populations
(b) directed towards achieving a particular social change and specific outcomes related to that change
(c) committed to evaluating effectiveness in achieving desired outcomes
Social circus programs may comprise a whole organization, or may be part of a larger organizing that operates other programs that are not social circus.
What Does it Mean to be Recognized?
AYCO recognition of Social Circus Programs is a way of identifying AYCO Organizational Members that have specific core elements and needs in common and want to work together to promote and improve social circus in the USA. Recognition does not entail any fee, and is not an endorsement or assessment of program quality.
Can Individuals Join?
In addition to recognized Social Circus Network Members and Social Circus Trainer/Consultant recognition, AYCO maintains a list of Affiliated Individual AYCO/ACE members involved or interested in social circus work who self-identify as such. Affiliated individuals may or may not be currently practicing or connected with AYCO-recognized Social Circus Programs or Training Programs.
How to Join:
For Recognition as a Social Circus Program:
- Complete the AYCO Social Circus Program Recognition Application.
- Applications will be reviewed confidentially on a rolling basis by the AYCO Social Circus Committee.
- AYCO will inform applicants whether they have been approved to join the Social Circus Network within 2-5 weeks of application submission.
- Successful applicants will be added to the roster of AYCO-recognized Social Circus Programs.
- If an applicant does not receive recognition initially, they may be asked to join the Social Circus Network as an Associate Member*.
For Recognition as Provider of Training:
- Complete the AYCO Social Circus Trainer Recognition Application.
- Applications will be reviewed confidentially on a rolling basis by a representative of the AYCO Social Circus Committee
- AYCO will inform applicants whether they have been approved as recognized a Social Circus Trainer/Consultant within 2-5 weeks of application submission.
- Successful applicants will be added to the list of AYCO-recognized Social Circus Trainers/Consultants.
- If an applicant does not receive recognition initially, they may request written feedback on their application, and may re-apply after 12 months.
As an Affiliated Individual
AYCO Members with involvement or specific interest in social circus should include their name on this list. If you are a practitioner, please include where you have worked.
*Social Circus Network Associate Member Definition
Associate Members are organizations that are actively working toward requirements of Social Circus Network membership and will be given priority for assistance to become a Network Member. We will ask for an annual statement of intent and we expect the organization to participate in at least one network phone call per year. We will ask organizations that are not taking steps to become network members to step away and reapply when they are ready.